How To Predict Your Own Future

The best way to predict your future is to create it. - Peter Drucker

Have you ever wished you had a crystal ball so you could see what your future holds? Perhaps you’ve even had a reading done by a psychic, palm reader or tarot card reader? Did they tell you something frightening or did they dash your dreams with a few ill-spoken words?

I’ll never forget the day my friend and I went to have a tarot reading done by a local psychic for the first time. This woman was highly acclaimed for her accuracy, so we were excited about being read by her. My reading was done first, and went beautifully. She really did seem to tune into me and highlighted many things that were happening for me.

Then it was my friend’s turn to be read. The psychic looked at the cards with concern and said bluntly, “I’m seeing major relationship trouble for you, so either you’re going through a divorce or will be shortly.” My friend was so shocked that she started to cry, wondering if something was wrong with her relationship that she wasn’t aware of.

You see, my friend had just gotten married a few months earlier. She and her new husband were very much in love and looking forward to a bright future together. This psychic’s “innocent” question sent my friend into a whirlwind of doubt, and the entire reading was awful. I was so angry at that psychic, and even angrier at my friend for believing her! I finally convinced my friend to ignore those dire warnings and just live her own life, create her own destiny.

It’s so easy to hand our power over to others. Maybe you’ve never consulted a psychic, but do you always let others tell you how to live your life? Do you listen to the advice of your pastor, your spouse, or your best friend like they know you better than you know yourself?

Don’t give your power away to anyone else, whether that person is a psychic, employer, parent or spouse. Choose your own destiny. Take control and do what makes you happy. Create the future you want, and you’ll be able to predict exactly the life you will lead.

Oh, and if you’re wondering what happened to my friend with the major relationship trouble, she and her husband are still blissfully happy – twelve years and two beautiful children later. Who could have guessed?

No comments: